I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
When it comes to makeup, eyeshadow palettes are a must-have. They offer an array of shades and textures, allowing you to create a variety of looks. These makeup palettes can be a great way to diversify your makeup arsenal and help you stand out from the crowd. What is the best eyeshadow palette though?
Our eyeshadow palette review is going to look at the top 5 eyeshadow packs and show you which one is right for your needs. Read on to see which will make you the most beautiful.
Benefits of Eyeshadow Palettes
Eyeshadow palettes have a multitude of benefits. First and foremost, they offer a wide range of colors and shades. This allows you to customize your look to best suit your individual style. From subtle, natural-looking palettes to bold, vibrant ones, you can choose the perfect one to match your outfit or eye color. This also allows you to create more complex looks, like smokey eyes or cut creases.
Secondly, eyeshadow palettes are more cost-effective than buying individual eyeshadows. Not only do you get more for your money, but you also save time on choosing individual eyeshadows. With one palette, you can have all the shades you need for a full look.
Finally, eyeshadow palettes are much easier to store and transport than individual eyeshadows. They are usually packaged in slim cases and come with a handy mirror, making them perfect for on-the-go touch-ups. They also save you time in the morning when you’re getting ready because all the shades you need are right there.
Morphe x James Charles Artistry Palette
Here it is, the official James Charles palette. The beauty YouTuber extraordinaire partnered with Morphe to create a massive palette of eyeshadows and pressed pigments. You get 39 deeply pigmented shades to choose from to unleash your inner artist and craft your most stunning looks.
This is a veritable rainbow eyeshadow palette considering all the colors you get. All the pigments here are powder and offer numerous finishes, such as metallic, matte, and shimmer. Each is an explosion of color and include bold reds, purples, blues, and more, along with more neutral colors to accentuate your aesthetic.
- Includes 39 extremely vivid pigments to create exciting eyeshadow looks
- The official James Charles eyeshadow palette includes everything you could want
- Perfect for blending with full coverage
Morphe Brushes 350 Eyeshadow Palette
While the James Charles Morphe palette is technically produced by this company, we thought it a smart idea to review a pure Morphe eyeshadow palette. Morphe Brushes is so popular and fantastic that we could fill this entire page with their makeup, but we found that their best offering now is the Morphe 35O Nature Glow palette.
Including a massive 35 natural colors with a largely shimmery finish, this takes natural color and pushes them to their limit. From unexpected pops of color that even experts would love to the perfect, powdery texture that Morphe is famous for, this kit gives you all you need for a natural glow that truly captures attention.
- Comes with 35 lovely eyeshadows that are natural and shimmering
- Extremely easy to apply and blend
- Includes unique pops of color that makes complex and layered looks
Natasha Denona GLAM Eyeshadow Palette
Those looking for cool and neutral eyeshadow palettes won’t be disappointed by the Natasha Denona eyeshadow palette Glam. Every kit they produce is released to fanfare and excitement, and it’s easy to see why. These premium pigments feel smooth and are so easy to blend, plus they create a wealth of looks that few others can compete with.
From the dramatic to the extremely glam, you will find that these neutral pigments lead to anything but neutral results. This comes with 15 shades and easily fits in any bag or pocketbook, plus it includes a wide spectrum of shades for all skin tones.
- Comes with 15 amazing Natasha Denona makeup pigments
- Has a premium feel and makes lovely results you won’t get elsewhere
- Works for all skin tones as long as you know how to blend and work the eyeshadow
Urban Decay Naked Mini Eyeshadow Palette
Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette includes 12 vibrant pigments with a metallic finish and velvety texture that lasts up to 12 hours. Shimmery and highly blendable, you’ll have no problem crafting lovely looks with this palette alone, or you can easily combine it with others to get a full range of colors.
Urban Decay Naked3 has all the wearability benefits you’re looking for. Each eyeshadow is richly pigmented, has a high-shine finish, and a long-lasting formula that gets you through the whole day without having to reapply your makeup. Perfect for those who want a versatile makeup palette that keeps up with their busy lives.
- Includes 12 naked colored pigments that match, contrast, and accentuate your skin tone
- Lasts up to 12 hours, so wear it all day with ease
- Blends easily and is richly pigmented for strong colors
Too Faced Natural Matte Palette
The Too Faced Eyeshadow Palette comes with 9 of their best pigments. These stunning mattes are ideal for any look. Whether for work or during the day, or sophisticated evening looks, you’ll have no problem getting the exact effect you want. From an airbrushed aesthetic to smokey eyes and more, you’ll find that this is your new best makeup palette.
Three of the pigments are twice the size of the other as they are the most versatile, ensuring you get the right amount for your makeup needs. The rich pigments last a long time, and they blend easily to give you that professional look that will stun the whole room.
- Features 9 rich eyeshadows that easily blend for lovely looks
- Works for both day and night activities, so keep this close
- Three pigments are larger to ensure you have plenty for your needs
Eyeshadow Palette Reviews
As you can see, these are the top 5 best eyeshadows for a reason. Each set has a wide variety of shades and pigments. While some might know exactly what they want, others might find it difficult to choose between them.
This section will briefly go over the differences so you can see which one you should get.
James Charles Eyeshadow Review
- James Charles vs Morphe Eyeshadow: more colorful, truly comprehensive palette, highly creative
- James Charles vs Natasha Denona Eyeshadow: more colorful, better coverage, very creative
- James Charles vs Urban Decay Eyeshadow: many more pigments, enhanced coverage, ideal for artists and professionals
- James Charles vs Too Faced Eyeshadow: better value, more pigments, better for pros
Morphe Eyeshadow Review
- Morphe vs James Charles Eyeshadow: better palette of natural colors, similar quality
- Morphe vs Natasha Denona Eyeshadow: more color options, fantastic quality, great value
- Morphe vs Urban Decay Eyeshadow: more color options, fantastic coverage, better at blending
- Morphe vs Too Faced Eyeshadow: more color options, fantastic coverage, better at blending
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Review
- Natasha Denona vs James Charles Eyeshadow: powerful pigments, portable, fantastic blending
- Natasha Denona vs Morphe Eyeshadow: powerful pigments, portable, fantastic blending
- Natasha Denona vs Urban Decay Eyeshadow: professional results, fantastic colors
- Natasha Denona vs Too Faced Eyeshadow: very versatile, vibrant pigments, best for all times of the day
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Review
- Urban Decay vs James Charles Eyeshadow: lasts all day, more portable, fantastic blending
- Urban Decay vs Morphe Eyeshadow: lasts longer, carry in your bag, smooth feel
- Urban Decay vs Natasha Denona Eyeshadow: lasts throughout the day, better blending, unique looks
- Urban Decay vs Too Faced Eyeshadow: more colors, longer coverage, great value
Too Faced Eyeshadow Review
- Too Faced vs James Charles Eyeshadow: highly portable, very versatile, has double the amount of foundational eyeshadow
- Too Faced vs Morphe Eyeshadow: easier to carry around, makes a variety of fun looks
- Too Faced vs Natasha Denona Eyeshadow: highly portable, very versatile, has double the amount of foundational eyeshadow
- Too Faced vs Urban Decay Eyeshadow: carry anywhere, great pigments
Eyeshadow Palette Buying Guide
When shopping for eyeshadow palettes, look for ones that have a good range of colors and textures. Make sure they also have good pigmentation and long-lasting wear. You should also prioritize palettes that have an easy-to-use applicator, as this will make it easier to create the perfect look.
Eyeshadow palettes are a great way to add a pop of color to your makeup routine. They are convenient, cost-effective, and offer a wide range of shades and textures. With the right eyeshadow palette, you can create stunning looks that will turn heads.
- Eye Color: many people don’t realize how powerful an effect your eye color has. Some shades will look amazing for certain eye colors that will look boring or dull with others. Keep this in mind and choose a palette that makes your look pop.
- Time of Day: are you wearing eyeshadow during the day, at work, for a sophisticated gathering, a flashy party, or some other occasion? Something beautiful and evocative in one setting might be inappropriate or boring elsewhere.
- Versatility: there are so many looks you can create that the only limit is your imagination and your palette. Choose a palette that gives you as many options as possible so you can really sizzle.
- Palette Size: this includes both the number of eyeshadows you’re getting along with the physical size of the kit. A smaller kit has fewer pigments, but it easily fits in your bag. On the other hand, a large eyeshadow palette offers more colors, but it might be hard to carry around.
- Finish: do you want something smooth, shiny, metallic, natural, or some other finish? You can have two identical colors, but the finish will determine which is right for you. Consider what you like and what look you’re going for.
We’re going to answer your biggest questions here so that you’re ready to make the right choice and to use your makeup with a professional’s touch.
Are Eyeshadow Palettes Allowed on Planes?
For the vast majority of flights, the answer is that yes, eyeshadow palettes are allowed on flights. You can bring powder makeup (like your eyeshadow pigments) with your carryon luggage. This also includes other powder cosmetics.
Can Eyeshadow Expire?
Yes, eyeshadow can expire, but changes are that you’ll use it up before then. Powder eyeshadow lasts 1-2 years in most cases. How do you know if eyeshadow has expired? Expired makeup will smell strange or bad, the color will look different (usually duller), and the texture will feel poor and it won’t adhere to your skin as well.
Can Eyeshadow be Used as Blush?
The short answer is yes, but the true answer is more detailed. While you can use shadow as blush, it’s not ideal. Shadow often has a stronger pigment, so the colors may look off. This makeup also isn’t intended to blend out like blush is, so it might be muddy or patchy. If you must do this, then use finishes that are matte and more natural.
What Eyeshadow Goes With Blue Eyes?
It might come as a surprise, but subtle browns go a long way with blue eyes. They give a natural appearance while making your blue eyes pop. It’s best if the pigments blend well with your natural skin tone as well.
What Eyeshadow Goes With Brown Eyes?
It all depends on the look you’re going for. Brown, beige, and plum work to intensify your eyes. Pink softens your eyes while blue deepens them and gives emphasis to your eyes. Gold and other metallics will brighten your eyes while green will give you a magical, unique look.
What Eyeshadow Goes With Green Eyes?
The best eyeshadow for green eyes include reddish colors as they will make your eyes more intense. This includes reddish-browns, bronze, reddish-coppers, maroon, and more. It also includes purple as this color achieves a similar effect.
Why Eyeshadow Before Foundation?
While you can certainly apply your foundation first, it’s not a good idea. Eyeshadow fallout is common even amongst premium products, and cleaning it up is a massive pain if you’re doing it over foundation and concealer. In fact, you’ll likely have to redo your foundation in this case. It’s best to apply eyeshadow first.
Will Eyeshadow Come Out of Clothes?
Thankfully yes, but it’s best to hurry cause eyeshadow is deeply pigmented. If you happen to keep some makeup remover with you, then now is the time to use it. You should be able to get rid of the eyeshadow with ease. Detergent pens also work in a pinch.
Will Eyeshadow Wash Out of Hair?
Many people use eyeshadow as a temporary hair dye because it easily washes out of the hair. You should be able to remove it within one wash. In fact, you may not even get that far as sweat or other liquids will remove the pigment. That’s because it doesn’t have much to stick to, so expect it to only stay in your hair for a few hours.
What is the Best Eyeshadow for Hooded Eyes?
Hooded eyes naturally look smaller, but you can make your eyes look larger by shifting light to the center of your eye. Use lighter colors with a shimmery finish such as cream, champagne, silver, or even gold. Make sure the eyeshadow is applied close to the lash line, otherwise it will be too noticeable. Your eyes will look so much better with this simple hooded eye eyeshadow trick.